Sunday, September 21, 2014

Jumping Back in to Reading and Blogging

Hello everyone!!

It's been quite a while since I last posted. I've got to blame life for that. I got married about a month ago and so life was consumed by work and wedding planning and trying not to go crazy between the two.

Married life for me isn't all that much different than before, seeing as my husband and I are in a long distance marriage at the moment. I know I've probably mentioned it before, but he lives in Canada, and I live in the US. We are working toward being able to live together, but it's a long, arduous process full of paperwork.

In the meantime, we are status quo in that respect, until that changes.

I am hoping to dive back into reading more often now that my favorite season is almost here. It's the first day of fall tomorrow, and I'm excited. Fall just screams reading to me, with chilly nights, candles, and rain, (which is much needed in my area)

I've already stocked up on several new and delicious pumpkin scented candles. I have my cozy stars blanket at the ready and I just ordered some new books today as well.

Even though I've already read Discovery of Witches, by Deborah Harkness, I had to order it to complete the series, since I recently just bought Shadow of Night and The Book of Life. I also ordered the first three books of Melissa De La Cruz's Beauchamp Family series (Hopefully there will be more?)

I got into the TV series, Witches of East End last year and love it, so I know I will love the books too.

I have an 3 day weekend coming up this weekend and am hoping to us a good chunk of time reading these awesome books that are headed my way.

So this blog should soon be active again, I have a long commute, which doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging, but I'll at least try to be posting on a semi regular basis.

I'm also hoping to do a review of my wedding invitations soon, as I was so thrilled with them.

Is there anything you would like to see here on the blog, or anything you feel I need to know after my long hiatus?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing to suggest for the blog, but just wanted to say welcome back! Can't wait to see your posts for fall. I have to agree that fall, and winter, are definitely fitting curl-up-and-read months!

Melissas Midnight Musings said...

Thank you! I'm really hoping to post soon. Real life keeps getting in the way...